Drinks such as tea (in particular), coffee and red wine, as well as smoking, tooth decay, fillings, tartar build-up and quite simply old age, all contribute to teeth discolouration. Drinks such as tea (in particular), coffee and red wine, as well as smoking, tooth decay, fillings, tartar build-up and quite simply old age, all contribute to teeth discolouration.
Before any tooth whitening procedure, your teeth must first be assessed as to their suitability for treatment by one of our Dentists. During the Consultation, the Dentist will discuss with you what you can personally expect for your individual situation. Results of course will vary as each person’s teeth respond a little differently, but in virtually all cases, the results are dramatic. Ultimately, the goal will be to achieve your optimum, natural whiteness.
Severe discoloration can be treated and yield good results in many instances though difficult cases may require a more lengthy treatment than the standard one-hour procedure.
Extensive research and clinical studies indicate that whitening teeth under the supervision of a Dentist is safe. The British Dental Health Foundation advises that tooth whitening, because it is a complicated procedure, is best performed by a Dentist specialist.
At our clinics we offer two very effective methods of professional tooth whitening.
Teeth Bleaching with Beyond Polus
• Halogen-powered teeth whitening accelerator and LED curing light
• Powerful halogen light output, clinically proven to provide superior results to LED and plasma arc systems
• Unique LightBridge™ light technology
• Dual-arch whitening features gentle, normal, and intense light-output settings for the perfect treatment setting with each individual patient
• Single-tooth whitening option included for precision, tailored treatment results
• Advanced filtration removes all harmful heat and ultraviolet output, ensuring patient safety and comfort
• Built-in powerful LED curing light with dual-wavelength output cures any dental composite on the market.
Conventional Tooth Whitening Kit
The conventional tooth whitening system involves taking a mould of your teeth so that special bleaching trays can be made. Whitening gel is applied to the trays which are then fitted onto you teeth – the dentist will show you how. You take the gel and the trays home and use them for approximately two weeks.
After Whitening Maintenance
The long-term results depend primarily on the individual and their lifestyle; smoking, drinking a lot of coffee, tea, dark soft drinks, and infrequent visits to the dentist for regular cleanings, etc., work against the results. Regular professional care and a good daily hygiene routine will help maintain your whitened teeth for up to 2 years.
To maintain your new white smile – Brush your teeth twice daily or after each meal; floss daily – Use a Whitening Toothpaste and a soft bristle toothbrush to remove surface stain and help your teeth stay bright – Visit your dentist for regular cleanings and check-ups (recommendation: every 6 months)